Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quick Quotes Vellum Candles

I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend! I get to host the Quick Quotes blog today, so I am going to show you a way you can use Quick Quotes vellum to make votive candle holders. I got this idea from Holly Gagnon from Ribbons and Glue who did a tutorial for The Paper Variety. Be sure to check out Holly's candles for more gorgeous examples.
I used a colored vellum quote "because the Little Things are the Big Things after all" cut down to size for my round candle holder, inking the edges of the vellum with Mango Mai Tai Powderpuff ink.The back, I decorated with a couple flowers.
On the square votive candle holder, I cut pieces of the "Clock Vellum Silhouette" into 4 rectangles to fit the sides tapering the sides to fit. Since only 2 sides had printed vellum, I embossed the other two sides with music notes. I inked the top and bottom vellum pieces with Midnight Confessions Powderpuff ink.
I love how they turned out.

Quick Quotes Supplies:
The Big Things vellum overlay
Clock Vellum Silhouette
Mango Mai Tai Powderpuff Chalk Ink
Midnight Confessions Powderpuff Chalk Ink

Other Supplies:
Cuttlebug Allegro Music Notes Embossing Folder
Silver tulle
Gold organza ribbon
hemp cord
washer
flowers
flameless candles.
votive candle holders from the Dollar Store.

I hope you all enjoy what is left of your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love Marcia!!! Thanks for the shout out. Great job-Holly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful! I love what you did with the vellum here Marcia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so charming, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think!