Monday, August 1, 2016

Sangria & Summer Serenades - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends. 


I am back today sharing a couple of fun summer layouts with you. The first one, Sangria & Summer Serenades, I created with the bright and fun Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness collection. With Summer in full swing I just couldn't help myself! One of my favorite things about summer is just enjoying outdoor cafes where you can people watch and be serenaded by a couple tall, dark and handsome guys. These guys found me enjoying tapas and my first Sangria in Barcelona when I was there on a business trip a few years ago. I wish there had been more time to explore this beautiful city ... hopefully I can return one day.












This chipboard lady looks like she could be people watching in an outdoor cafe too! You can see some of the fussy cut flowers here, a decorative bradz, and some bright yellow enamel dots. I created a little border here to separate my photos from my title and journaling.






I used the sticker alpha sheet and chipboard letters to create my colorful title. I just love these chipboard letters.




The floral paper was just begging to be fussy cut. I arranged the flowers in clusters around my main photo. By using foam adhesive behind some of the flowers I was able to create some dimension.




For my second layout, Hello Sunshine ... This is Paradise, I used the beautiful You Are Here! collection to document a vacation day just relaxing by a fabulous pool.
 




I added a wood veneer word , stickers, and a few phrases from the washi paper tape down the side to embellish the words already there.




 A chipboard frame was the perfect spot for my journaling. I added some palm leaves and a tropical drink that I cut with my Silhouette Cameo. Enamel dots and decorative bradz are my go to embellishments for all my layouts.





Thanks for stopping by today! Look for the Sunshine & Happiness collection and the You Are Here! collection at your local scrapbook store. I know you will love them both!


~Marcia





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!