Saturday, September 17, 2016

Back On The Market and You Look Fabulous - Simple Stories

Hello blogging friends!

I am back today with some fabulous Reset Girl scrapbook layout inspiration. I really love the vintage elements. With the pinks and greens it's definitely perfect for scrapping your favorite girls. This collection really suits my daughter at the moment. She is in the process of resetting her life having just filed for divorce. This was not an easy decision for her to make and I have watched her struggle as she tries to find herself again. Slowly her confidence is coming back. She almost never takes selfies of herself but lately that has also been changing. I couldn't resist scrapping this one .... Back On The Market ...


I created my background by combining several different pattern papers. What is a girl to do when she can't make up her mind with so many beautiful pattern papers to choose from, I used a circle leaf frame cut file from JustNick Studios to frame my photo and then clustered embellishments all around it. Those birds are a definite favorite!


On the other side of the photo I placed a Library Pocket. These pockets are so fabulous for adding little journaling tidbits. You can also see a Reset Girl Metal Clip here. I added lots of machine stitching on this layout, some in brown and some in white.


I used the Sticker Alphas to create my title. I love that they look like typewriter keys. A little Washi Tape draws your eye to the title.


In the lower corner I layered Chipboard Stickers with some Bits and Pieces die cuts. I used the Reset Girl Roller Stamp for the "hey gorgeous" and the faux stitching.


I really love how this layout turned out.


My second layout also features this same daughter, only this photo was taken almost 10 years ago as she was having her hair done for her Senior Prom. I wanted to create a large title that once again showcased all the lovely pattern papers in the Reset Girl collection. Here is You Look Fabuous...


I created a quilted look on the background of this layout using another JustNick Studios digital cut file to create my quilt pieces and I machine stitched over the top ... lots of machine stitching! I strategically positioned patterned paper underneath in a few spots first.


The title was created using some of the Sticker Alphas, the Chipboard Sticker eyeglasses for the "oo" in Look, and by backing different pattern papers underneath the large digital die cut outline alphas I cut with my Silhouette. Some of the pattern papers I used come from The Reset Girl Simple Basics Kit. I could not resist using another of those fabulous birds to embellish with! 



Once again a Library Pocket holds my journalling. To highlight my photo I used more Washi Tape to frame it and another Metal Clip. The Word Label Stickers work so well on the tab Bits and Pieces die cuts.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies Used:

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!