Monday, October 17, 2016

Beach Closed - Cocoa Vanilla Studios

Hello blogging friends!

This month Cocoa Vanilla Studios is sponsoring an awesome sketch blog; Creative Scrappers. Kristine Davidson does an amazing job creating the sketches. Here is the October sketch she sent us.

  creative-scrappers-299 

All the Cocoa Vanilla Studios designers played along creating a layout using a different collection. I used the fabulous Hello Sunshine collection. I love the Cocoa Vanilla Studios Hello Sunshine collection for scrapping photos from a winter getaway my husband and I took to Hawaii. February is the raining season in Hawaii, and it rained almost every day we were there. Beaches were closed because the surf was unbelievably rough too. That didn't stop us from checking out the sites. When you are from Minnesota where February temps are way below freezing, it was a joy to be warm again ... even if we were wet. Beach photos are especially suited to this collection. The color palette compliments the sand and the waves so well. In my layout I wanted to emphasize that rough surf. I did this by cutting my photo into 4 parts and staggering them so it would appear the surf was higher. Here is my layout ...

  beachclosed

I clustered some clouds to the right of my photo ... perfect to convey the rainy day with a few peeks of sunshine. Layers of die cut ephemera are mixed with woodies, fancy buttons, and enamel shapes.

  beachclosed_detail1

I love the wood veneer pieces ... this bicycle is amazing!

  beachclosed_detail3

I balanced out the left side of my layout with this anchor flair button along with more woodies and enamel shapes. I cut my Beach title from 2 different pattern papers using my Silhouette and then layered them ... adding the 'closed' using alpha stickers from Hello Lovely.

  beachclosed_detail2

beachclosed_detail4

Thanks so much for stopping by. Check out the Creative Scrappers blog to see what the other Cocoa Vanilla Studios designers have created using the sketch. You can play along and link up a layout too. Have a great week!

 ~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!