Friday, June 2, 2017

Made In The USA - JustNick Studios and PageMaps

Hello blogging friends.

All this week JustNick designers have been showcasing layouts using PageMaps sketches created by the wonderful Becky Fleck. Here is the sketch she gave me...


It's awesome, right!

There is a lot going on in the sketch, so I decided to use the left side of the sketch for my background cut file. I recently returned from a vacation in South Carolina and had lots of pictures from Patriots Point, so I opted to do a patriotic layout. It seemed fitting with Memorial Day just this past Monday. My guys really enjoyed visiting the USS Yorktown. I think they could have stayed there for hours.  I stuck pretty close to the PageMaps sketch. I did use a larger focal photo in the middle. Here is my layout...


I used a cut file called Ride the Wave. I resized it to fit on the left half of my layout. It reminds me of the American flag waving in the wind. My intent was to leave it red and white, but then decided to add some blue in the negative space. Some machine stitching reinforces the wave design.



Here is the cut file I used today...


If you are interested in my process video, here it is ...



Thanks so much for stopping by. Be sure to check out the other sketches from this past week and their coordinating layouts.

~Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you think!